Time & Location
About the Event
A chance to meet your neighbours in a welcoming garden space.
Activities for the day include:
- Roy Vickery, South London Botanical Institute, will lead visitors on a themed garden walk
- Tea and cake stall
- Carved vegetable sculpture competition – prizes up for grabs!
- Observational drawing session for kids with local artist, Suzie Balazs
- Raffle with local prizes to be won
- Learn what future plans there are for your Community Garden
If you are interested in supporting the event and could spare some time to help out on the day, please let us know by emailing us at RCGopenday@gmail.com. We need people:
- On the cake stall
- Stewards around the garden
- Assist on the activities
Donate your bake
Sweet or savoury, whatever your favourite bake may be please let us know if you can donate a treat for the cake stall.
Enter our carved vegetable sculpture competition!
There is no theme for the competition we only ask to let your creativity run wild.
Two age groups for entries:
- 0-11 years old
- 11 – 99 years old
All entries must be received by 3:30pm on the day of the event and judge’s decisions are final. Winners will be announced at 5:15pm in the garden.
All monies made go to support the Railside Community Garden Association, registered charity no. 1181811.
So, mark your calendars and come and join us on September 5th.